Audio Equipment Technician
- - Information Technology
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- $23.00 to $28.00
- Full Time
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401-K, FSA, Life, EAP, PTO
Job Description Role and Responsibilities
- Test, repair, maintain, and manage the equipment and inventory in the Los Angeles Film School's Recording School facility.
- Recommend and advise on new equipment purchases.
- Design, fabricate, install, test, and manage cabling for professional audio and video equipment.
- Manage complex projects, including equipment installations, patchbay design, wiring and equipment layout.
- Track equipment issues, helpdesk tickets; interface with faculty and administration to resolve problems.
- Assist in the daily operation of the school's equipment room, including checking in and out microphones, instruments, and other equipment.
- Track and order items for repairs and keep inventory of commonly used supplies.
- Oversee and schedule equipment room support staff.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of five years of experience with professional audio equipment repair and installation, including soldering and cable making.
- Ability to read circuit schematics and understand nuances of electrical components common in audio gear.
- Deep understanding of the Mac OS platform and troubleshooting in Logic, Pro Tools and other DAWs.
- Experience with, and an understanding of analog audio gear such as outboard preamps, effect processors and large format recording consoles (API, Neve, and SSL.
- Wired and Wireless LAN/WAN network troubleshooting.
- Intermediate skill level with MS Office, with emphasis on Excel and Project.
- Strong knowledge of analog signal flow, audio test gear, and standard industry wiring and equipment installation conventions is required.
- Audio recording and production background/experience.
- Production sound, post-production audio, video/sync/timecode experience
- Minimum two years of Supervisory Experience.
- Familiarity with helpdesk ticketing systems.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment interacting with a diverse group of users.
- Good communication and organization skills, both written and verbal.
- Detail oriented, self-starter, with a friendly, positive attitude and strong customer service skills.
The Los Angeles Film School https://lafilm.plansource.com