Lead Multimedia Designer
- - Education
- Winter Park, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401-K, FSA, Life, EAP, PTO
The Lead Multimedia Designer is responsible for establishing the art direction and assisting in the development of rich media content (graphics, animations, and video) from concept to completion for online education courses. This position coordinates with the Director of Instructional Design in the creation of high-end multimedia assets and assists in the oversight, tracking, and managing of the production of media projects for multiple degree programs.
This is a salaried, primarily remote position with occasional on-site meetings based at our Winter Park, FL office. Applicants living in the greater Orlando, FL area are given the highest consideration.
Essential Job Functions:
- Establish the art direction and assist in the development of infographics, presentation software slides, animated sequences, and media-rich video content.
- Document, track, and assist with assigning media development tasks to appropriate team members.
- Ensure that quality goals and project deadlines are met.
- Participate in pre-production meetings with media production staff to plan visuals for media projects.
- Provide art review for media projects developed by other media team members.
- Liaise with stakeholders on approvals and edits for storyboards, visuals, and final media assets.
- Assist with set up, tear down, and transport of film equipment to and from set.
- Provide hands-on preproduction, production, and postproduction oversight and assistance to media production staff.
- Archive media assets associated with each project using a cloud-based file management system.
- Train on new software applications used in the creation of instructional materials as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, motion design, or closely related field
- Minimum 2 years of design for multimedia assets, preferably in an online education capacity
- Minimum 1 year project management experience
- Proficient with Apple/Mac environment
- Proficient in the following software: Adobe Creative Cloud'Illustrator, Premier (or other video editing software), After Effects, Animate, Google Suite'Drive, Docs
- Strong design skills: ability to translate concepts into appropriate image solutions through video, illustration, animation, layout, and typography
- Strong project management skills: scheduling, organizing, and defining requirements and specifications
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Able to provide and receive constructive guidance during the creative process
- Ability to manage and work on multiple projects in various phases of production
- Positive attitude, a desire to help others, and an ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Excellent English communication abilities, both verbal and written
- Physical, visual, and auditory capacity necessary to work on a computer and communicate effectively via telephone and computer. Must be able to lift and carry equipment up to 50 pounds