Enrollment Support Specialist
- - Enrollment
- Winter Park, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401-K, FSA, Life, EAP, PTO
The role of an Enrollment Support Specialist is to assist Los Angeles Film School students with activation and registration processes post enrollment. Post enrollment processes include document collection and providing accurate admissions information. This role will challenge individuals to think critically in order to provide outstanding customer service while playing a crucial role in support of admissions and financial aid staff. Enrollment Support Specialists should have a high-level understanding of admissions processes, guidelines and regulations as well as the ability to demonstrate being a subject matter expert on activation processes. Enrollment Support Specialists will be expected to meet with leadership on a weekly basis to communicate trends, obstacles and needs of the staff.
- Review and accept a high volume of required paperwork and documentation, such as high school transcripts, government issued photo ID, Proof of Graduation, Enrollment Agreements and various other forms needed to complete the activation process.
- Maintain a minimum enrollment to enrolled-trial period gross conversion rate for all assigned students.
- Maintain high level of student outreach attempts and minimum standards as set by leadership
- Audit individual workflows daily utilizing financial aid resources (NSLDS, CPS) with a focus on assisting enrolled students in navigating activation hurdles and overcoming financial aid obstacles.
- Assist in meeting and exceeding monthly, quarterly, and annual departmental objectives
- Ensure adequate phone coverage through schedule adherence
- Promote and practice clear and responsive communication within the team, department, and organization
- Facilitate cross-departmental communication for optimal workflow and superior student service
- Refer new students and parents to appropriate resources as needed
- Respect the privacy of students and maintain the privacy of student records and information
- Maintain team compliance with internal Los Angeles Film School policies and external policies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Previous Admissions experience/background preferred
- Previous customer service background preferred
- Applicant must not currently be in default on student loans
- Possess effective interpersonal skills with an ability to de-escalate matters and/or seek assistance on a difficult call.
- Ability to effectively communicate while always maintaining a high level of professionalism
- Ability to deliver a high-level interactive customer service experience
- Ability to proactively solve problems
- Ability to utilize discretion and good judgment when handling confidential material
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships within the organization
- Creative problem-solver with flexibility to work extended hours
- Record of positive outcomes through judgment and decision-making skills
Measurement of Success:
- Annual performance review and periodic meetings with Enrollment Support Specialist Manager
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in an office environment and may include sitting for extended periods of time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active student and employee communication; access, input and retrieve information from the computer system; enter alpha-numeric data into a computerized system often while listening on the telephone. Hearing ability, visual acuity and dexterity are also required to perform this function.