Student Success Advisor - Online Programs
- Education - Student Advising
- Winter Park, FL, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401-K, FSA, Life, EAP, PTO
The Los Angeles Film School prepares the next generation of creative professionals for a future in the entertainment industry, with degrees in Animation, Audio, Entertainment Business, Film, Graphic Design, Media Communications, Music Production, and Writing for Film & Television. Our employees are also a central part of that mission as they have a chance to make meaningful contributions to the lives of the students they interact with daily.
The Student Success Advisor provides personal academic advising promoting a positive and successful student learning experience. Student Success Advisors are responsible for high-level guidance and support for the School's at-risk student populations. The Student Success Advisor works with Faculty and Program Directors to create individualized success plans that clearly demonstrate measurable academic benchmarks. Student Success Advisors also provide coaching in the areas of time management and developing strategies to maximize student grade potential in the Learning Management System (LMS). Student Success Advisors also maintain and provide student resources when needed.
This opening is a full-time, primarily remote role with required in-office days scheduled per month. Our online team offices are based in Winter Park, FL.
- Monitor student progress by identifying situations that require attention and counseling students appropriately while accurately documenting actions taken.
- Contact students who are not engaging effectively in their courses, providing strategies for success.
- Maintain high volume and high-quality student contacts daily to achieve goals.
- Perform administrative functions associated with department initiatives such as maintaining records for Pre-Probation, Probation, and Conditionally Reinstated students.
- Communicate with students and parents to discuss academic goals, school services, and matters affecting student progress that may include disciplinary issues, probation or withdrawals.
- Communicate with faculty and department managers regarding issues pertaining to student academic or conduct issues.
- Gain knowledge and uphold policies and procedures of The Los Angeles Film School, ACCSC, and the Department of Education
- Maintain student confidentiality and adhere to legal and regulatory guidelines (FERPA)
- Must perform ethical, fair and honest business practices.
- Attend training and departmental meetings.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- 2+ years academic advising, academic coaching, or closely related role preferred
- 1-2 years admissions or enrollment experience
- 1-2 years working with nontraditional students, first-generation students, academically underperforming students, online students, and/ or military students
Demonstrated English communication abilities, both verbal and written
Demonstrated physical, visual, and auditory capacity to work on a computer and communicate effectively with students via telephone and computer.
Exceptional interpersonal, problem-solving, follow-up, and counseling skills
Strong telephone-based customer service
Self-motivated, proactive, able to maintain focus across multiple disciplines
Positive attitude and a passion for coaching and mentoring students
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong computer software skills (Excel, Word, and Outlook required)
Strong organizational and administrative skills, with attention to detail
Tactful, professional, flexible to the needs of a dynamic organization, able to work in a team environment.