Manager - Financial Aid Counselors
- - Financial Aid
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Full Time
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401-K, FSA, Life, EAP, PTO
Primary areas of responsibility:
- Assist FA upper management in overseeing Counselor team responsible for assisting students completing FAFSA and federal loan applications in all academic years.
- Assist FA upper management in overseeing Counselor team whose objective is to counsel Financial Aid for all active students.
- Maintain the FA roster of students and provide regular updates to FA upper management.
- Address student and parent complaints and resolve accordingly.
- Assist in the annual audit process.
- Conduct regular individual update meetings with each Counselor.
- Run weekly CampusVue activity reports showing contacts made to students.
- Maintain and update all verbiage in the documents used in the FA process.
- Provide Open House support as necessary.
- Attend annual conferences for updates on federal/state rules and regulations.
- Manage and approve timesheets
- Assist FA upper management with performance reviews
Minimum Required Experience and Qualifications:
- 2 years of experience working in financial aid.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution is highly recommend but not required.
- Strong working knowledge of USDOE title four rules and regulations.
- Experience working in CampusVue database.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (or Mac equivalent).
- Self-motivated and able to balance multiple tasks simultaneously among changing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to effectively and positively communicate with a customer-service oriented attitude.
- Professional, upbeat, social and dependable
- Creative problem solver who works well in a team environment
- Applicant must not currently be or have been in default on student loans
The Los Angeles Film School https://lafilm.plansource.com