- - Information Technology
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- 18.00 - 20.00
- Full Time
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401-K, FSA, Life, EAP, PTO
The Audio-Visual Technician is responsible for ensuring day-to-day classroom operations of the LA Film School, under the direction and guidance of the A/V Tech Manager. This position will support classes, meetings (live and virtual), and events requiring AV equipment, setup and/or support. Strong knowledge of Audio and Video Signal flow and exceptional customer service skills are required.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support faculty in classrooms with audio, video, and basic computer technology, to ensure a positive learning environment for our student body.
- Skilled in A/V installations, including proper cable management and signal flow.
- Experience in live events, including multi-channel audio mixing and live video streaming
- Maintain and prioritize a list of equipment needed.
- Advise on a list of needed improvements to existing installations.
- Document all new system installations and update/create for existing installations.
- Responsible for the operation, installation, and maintenance of all classroom technology
- Track equipment installation and request replacement gear as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Associates degree in a technology field, or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Strong knowledge of audio-visual equipment, video projection, lighting, TV, live streaming, and audio.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with staff, faculty, and students.
- Ability to prioritize and take direction in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be cognizant of fire safety regulations
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.) and Keynote preferred
- Must have a sound understanding of safe production practices
- Must be committed to provide excellent customer service
- A basic understanding/knowledge of computers and operating systems
- Must have strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must have a positive attitude and professional demeanor when interacting with students, faculty, and staff.
- Live Sound
- Stage Lighting
- Lighting Grid setup