Instructor - Sound Design
- - Education
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Full Time
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401-K, FSA, Life, EAP, PTO
The Los Angeles Film School is looking for a creative, passionate individual with a background in sound design to teach our production sound and postproduction sound editing courses. The ideal candidate will possess knowledge of both the production sound and postproduction sound process.
Required skills, equipment, and tools:
- Avid Pro Tools
- Izotope RX 9 Advanced
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Recording/mixing on Zoom F8
- Microphones and microphone polar patterns
- Production sound workflows
- Recording/mixing on set
- Dialogue editing, audio restoration, sound design, and mixing
- Avid Media Composer skills a plus
Other Skills Required and General Information:
- Positive attitude, a desire to help others, and a passion for educating.
- Excellent communication abilities, both verbal and written.
- Proficient with relevant industry tools.
- Classes and administrative hours for campus instruction will be primarily weekdays and weeknights. Weekend or evening duties may be required at times.
Experience and Education Required:
- A minimum of four years related professional work experience in the subject area being taught.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in a related field required.
- Teaching and/or public speaking experience.
- Comfortable with both Apple and Windows operating systems.
- Competent using Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Zoom; experience with Keynote software is a plus.
Essential Functions for Instructors:
- Serve as the instructor for assigned course(s) or course sections with responsibilities for teaching, advising students, administrative duties related to their courses, participation in open houses, campus events, and other campus activities.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of course materials consistent with industry standards and stated learning objectives for the course and program as directed by the Program Manager and Program Directors.
- Provide academic support to students via personal meetings, phone, and email.
- Provide expert support and guidance to colleagues with regards to audio.
- Assist in developing and implementing retention initiatives.
- Grade subjective examinations and other work.
- Ensure students' successful completion of course objectives and learning outcomes.
- Maintain accurate academic records including grades, attendance, and student communications, in full compliance with federal and state privacy laws.
- Perform these responsibilities with the highest professional standards consistent with the vision, mission, and strategy of The Los Angeles Film School.